Update: Access changes continue at children’s hospital and UF Health Shands Hospital Valet
Interior renovations and pipe work continue to impact exterior access around the east side of the UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital, as well as UF Health Shands Hospital valet, for several months. The area will continue to have plenty of signage and footpaths will be clearly marked. We will communicate each phase in advance and share the anticipated changes for vehicle and foot traffic.
- Dates are approximate and subject to change.
- Fencing, barriers and signs will clearly direct foot and vehicle traffic.
Through Nov. 27: UF Health Shands Hospital valet
- Fencing and scaffolding has been installed to accommodate construction on the second floor of the children’s hospital.
- Visible signage directs foot and vehicle traffic.
June 19-Nov. 27: Newell Drive valet access
- Valet parking will be accessible via the front circle from Archer Road.
- The valet tunnel will be open only to exiting traffic from the front circle to Newell Drive.
- Visible signs will direct traffic.
- Pedestrian walkways will be open and available.
Children’s hospital ambulance tunnel
- EMS access in the Pediatric E.R. ambulance tunnel will change to one lane.
- These changes are due to renovation of the UF Health Shands Hospital Units 24/25 to accommodate the future completion of the Burn ICU and ENT ICU in fall of 2019.