Second-floor east corridor closure around OR
Starting Wednesday, Feb. 17 part of the second floor corridor at UF Health Shands Hospital (north campus) will be temporarily closed due to NICU renovations (pipe installation) on the floor above.
The corridor closure goes from the second-floor east elevators and stairwell, past the physician lounge and administrative offices bordering the OR.
Please prepare to take an alternative route to cross the second floor between the Atrium elevators and the east elevators, and to access the Cardiac Cath Lab from the east side of the building.
From Units 24 and 25 to the Cath Lab:
- Please transport patients through the OR. Staff will need to put on “bunny suit” coveralls and hair caps while walking through the OR. These will be accessible at the entrance.
From the north and south campus E.R.s to the Cath Lab:
- Please transport patients on the ground floor to the Atrium elevators up to the second floor. Staff will be available to assist with patient transports in elevators. Please call the number posted in the elevator lobby for assistance.
All other uses:
- Please cross on the ground floor when possible and take the Atrium elevators or stairs to the second floor.
- Avoid crossing on floors one, two and three.
- Offices 2207, 2211, 2213 and 2215 will remain open during construction.
- Computer stations in the physician lounge will remain accessible through the OR entrance.