Oct. 9-Dec. 4: SW 16th Street public vehicle access closed (open only to EMS vehicles) traffic will reroute to Archer Road entrance
Installation of underground utilities begins on Southwest 16th Street adjacent to the UF Health Shands E.R. Access will remain open for EMS/ambulance vehicles only. Regular traffic will be rerouted to Archer Road. Traffic access to the 1329 Building and garage will occur via Southwest 16th Avenue. View the PDF version of this map here.
Phase 1: Oct. 9-30
Installation will begin on Southwest 16th Street between the 1329 Building garage and the construction site of the former nursing home.
Phase 2: Oct. 30-TBD
Installation will continue from the former nursing home site to Archer Road.
Road Changes for Vehicle & Foot Traffic
For the duration of this project
- To access the E.R. and cancer hospital, use the Archer Road Circle of Hope main entrance (across from Newell Drive).
- During both phases, public access will not be available from Archer Road to the E.R., Southwest 16th Ave. parking garage or the 1329 Building.
- Signs will redirect traffic.
- These access changes are coordinated with Alachua County EMS, Gainesville Fire Rescue, UF Health ShandsCair and other emergency transport agencies.
- Pedestrians can use the sidewalk on the west side of Southwest 16th Street (closest to the VA).