DELAYED – Aug. 7-Sept. 24: Southwest 16th Street access to E.R. and cancer hospital will close, reroute to Archer Road entrance
Installation of underground utilities will begin on Southwest 16th Street — adjacent to the UF Health Shands E.R. Installation will occur in two phases. During this time, access will remain open for ambulance traffic only. Regular vehicle traffic will be closed and rerouted to enter the facilities from Southwest Archer Road. During this project, pedestrian traffic will remain accessible on the west side of the street (adjacent to the VA). Traffic access to the 1329 Building and garage will occur via Southwest 16th Avenue. View the PDF version of this map here.
Phase 1: [FOUR WEEKS TBD]
Installation will begin on Southwest 16th Street between the 1329 Building garage and the construction site of the former nursing home.
Phase 2: [FOUR WEEKS TBD]
Installation will continue from the former nursing home site to Archer Road.
Patient Parking & Access
- Parking will be mostly valet with several disability spaces. This is not a staff parking area.
Road Changes for Vehicle & Foot Traffic
For the duration of this project
- To access the E.R. and cancer hospital, use the Archer Road Circle of Hope main entrance (across from Newell Drive).
- Highway signs and flagmen will redirect traffic.
- These access changes will be coordinated with Alachua County EMS, Gainesville Fire Rescue, UF Health ShandsCair and other emergency transport agencies.
- Pedestrians can use the sidewalk on the west side of Southwest 16th Street (closest to the VA).