UF Health north campus — East elevators renovation update
Update: All renovations completed by February 2017
We’re continuing to improve our hospital facilities for our patients and staff! Our next step is to renovate the patient and visitor elevators near UF Health Shands Hospital’s east entrance.
- These elevators currently serve UF Health Shands Hospital and UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital.
- All areas served by these elevators will continue normal business operations.
- Elevator cabs will be updated in a staggered schedule to minimize impact to wayfinding and service access.
- All elevator renovations are expected to be complete by February 2017.
- Download a print-and-post handout of this information.
- This is part of a major multi-year project to provide more efficient access to services at UF Health Shands Hospital and UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital. This renovation will continue to modernize our facility so we can better serve patients and visitors.
- Updated for the first time since 1981, upgrades include:
- New interiors: lighting, walls, floors and ceiling
- New signals
- New “smart” control and drive systems to more efficiently dispatch elevators between floors
- These updates are a continuation of our shared commitment to providing our patients, visitors and staff with the best experience possible. A state-of-the-art environment of care is one of the ways we are making quality Job 1 at UF Health.