UF Health south campus construction — Phase V: Circle of Hope reopens and vehicle access via Southwest 13th Street closes
As construction on the UF Health Heart & Vascular and Neuromedicine hospitals progresses, access to our UF Health south campus is temporarily changing.
Dec. 12: Circle of Hope reopened
- On Monday, Dec. 12, Circle of Hope — the south campus entrance point at Archer Road (across from Newell Drive) — reopened to vehicle traffic.
Dec. 19-April 28: No access to UF Health south campus via Southwest 13th Street
- A portion of Southwest 14th Avenue — the road that runs through the south campus from Southwest 13th Street to Southwest 16th Street — is closed to vehicle traffic. This blocks vehicle access to the south campus from Southwest 13th
- Please use Southwest 16th Street (by the E.R.) or the Circle of Hope entrance off of Archer Road to access the UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital and the UF Health Shands E.R.
- Access to the south campus staff parking garage remains accessible via Southwest 13th
- Please note: Southwest 14th Street remains closed between Southwest 16th Avenue and Southwest 14th
- Pedestrian access to the south campus remains open. Follow the marked walkways to the hospital entrance.
- Pedestrian access from Southwest 13th Street along Southwest 13th Avenue (next to the staff parking garage) remains closed.
- We encourage south campus patients and their visitors to use free valet parking in the cancer hospital front circle. This is our preference to provide patients with convenient access.
- Patients and their visitors can choose to self-park across the street in the north campus East Patient/Visitor Garage 10 (on Newell Drive) and walk back across Archer Road to the south campus. Parking is free with a voucher.
- Emergency patients and those transporting them can use free valet parking located at the E.R. entrances.
- As always, patients and their visitors must obtain a patient parking voucher after they receive care., Vouchers may be obtained at outpatient check-out, nurses’ station or other service locations. Present the voucher to the valet staff or parking attendant upon exit for free parking.
Staff Parking & Access
- Staff are asked to not use the hospital front circles and E.R. drives for staff pick-up and drop-off.
- Access to the south campus staff parking garage via Southwest 13th Street and Southwest 13th Avenue remains open.
- Please follow the posted signs for safe walkways on the south campus.
- Walkways will be lit at night.
- Patients, visitors and staff can request evening/night-time escort to and from our hospitals and parking areas. Please call UF Health Shands Security Dispatch at 352-265-0109 or Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol (SNAP) at 352-397-7627.